ere’s what Diljit Dosanjh-Kriti Sanon starrer ‘Arjun Patiala’ is all about – This year, moviegoers will witness quite a few fresh pairings on screen. Kriti Sanon and Diljit Dosanjh are one of them. The two actors will team up for the first time in Dinesh Vijan’s next venture, Arjun Patiala, which is a comic caper. Says a source, “In the film, the lead pair’s height difference will play a huge role. The fact that the girl is taller than the guy will be dealt with in a rather humorous manner.”
Kriti is one of the tallest actresses in Bollywood today, which is why Dinesh felt she’s perfect for the role. “He was looking for someone of a certain height who could also act well. He has worked with Kriti in Raabta and both of them are very fond of each other. So when he offered her the film, she loved the script and immediately took it up,” adds our source. This will be Kriti’s second stint in the comedy space after Bareilly Ki Barfi.
“Kriti plays a journalist in the film whereas Diljit is a small-town guy from Punjab. It’s about how they fall in love and the events that follow,” the source reveals. The team begins shooting next month.
THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT
- In the past too, this subject had been touched upon in Main, Meri Patni Aur Woh featuring Rajpal Yadav, Rituparna Sengupta and Kay Kay Menon.
- Bollywood has had its share of films where the heroines have stood taller than the heroes. Deepika Padukone shared screen space with actors like Shah Rukh Khan. (Om Shanti Om, Chennai Express, Happy New Year) and Saif Ali Khan (Cocktail, Love Aaj Kal).
- Ditto with Sushmita Sen who has played a leading lady to both SRK (Main Hoon Na) and Salman Khan (Biwi No 1).
- Leggy lass Sonam Kapoor has been paired with actors like Salman (Saawariya, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo), Farhan Akhtar (Bhaag Milkha Bhaag) and Shahid Kapoor (Mausam).
- Aamir Khan has shared screen space with Katrina Kaif (Dhoom 3) as well as Anushka Sharma (PK).
- Anushka played Salman’s love interest in Sultan, and will soon be paired opposite Varun Dhawan (Sui Dhaaga) who stands a few inches shorter than her.